How can I book a Butler?
Head over to our booking page, select your desired date, start and end time then follow the prompts.
When are The Butlers available to book?
Butlers are available during The Commons opening hours from the 9th till 18th of December
How long can I book a Butler for?
You can book a Butler in blocks of an hour and for as long as The Commons is open for that night. If you have more than 5 people we recommend that you book a minimum of 2 Butlers to get the full experience.
Who are the Butlers?
The Butlers are a collection of experienced hospitality staff who are local to Canberra. They’ve been selected based on their service level, banter skills and all have their current RSA.
There aren’t any Butlers showing up as available, how can I book one?
If you can’t see any Butlers available online, it means we are booked out for that day. You can try another night, or join our waitlist by sending us an email here. If a cancellation pops up, we’ll be in touch.
What exactly can a Butler do?
Besides wait on you hand and foot? Here’s what The Butlers can do for you;
- Order food & beverages on your behalf without having to wait in line*
- Reserve a table for you*
- Curate your experience by creating a menu for the night for your group
- Deliver your food and beverages
- Reserve your car or bike spot (subject to availability)*
- Be your personal photographer
- Entertain the kids (as long as the parents are present)
- Give you a tour of the event, let you know what’s popular, their recommendations and guide you to where everything is located
* Only available to The Butlers and their guests
I have to cancel my reservation – how can I do this?
You can cancel your reservation by contacting us here. We’ll remove it from our system and process the refund (pending our cancellation policy)
What is the cancellation policy?
- 100% of your payment will be returned if cancelled 5 days or more from date
- 70% of your payment will be returned if cancelled 4 days from date
- 50% of your payment will be returned if 48-hour cancellation
- 0% returned if your booking is cancelled within 24 hours
What can’t The Butlers do?
There is only a small list of what The Butlers can’t do;
- Look after the kids without a parent present
- Make the chefs cook faster
- Hand feed you
- Park or drive your vehicle
- Take responsibility for any of your valuables
When do I pay for The Butler?
You are required to pay for your Butler in full at the time of booking. We take most major credit cards and it is managed all through our booking system Checkfront
How do I know where to meet my Butler?
48hrs before your reservation you’ll be sent an email from Alfred outlining the details of where to meet your Butler at The Commons. If you don’t hear from him, you can always get in touch here.
How can I be a Butler?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a Butler at The Commons, send Alfred an email here.
Still have a Butler question?
Send our head Butler Alfred an email over here and he’ll get back to you